Things That Should Come with Trial Periods
Some Useless facts you might need to know
- The YKK on your zipper stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikigaisha.
- The dot over a "j" or an "i" is called a "tittle."
- Elephants use the skin folds on their backs to crush mosquitos.
- Flamboyance is a group of flamingos.
- The groove located in the middle of the place above your lips is called a "philtrum."
- "Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia" is the scientific term for brain freeze.
- Armadillos give birth only to quadruplets.
- Horses do not breathe through their mouths.
- Women have been found to blink more often than men.
- A jiffy is an actual unit of time, not just an expression.
- The founders of Hewlett-Packard flipped a coin to determine whose name would come first in the company.
- The line between the two numbers in a fraction is called the vinculum.
- After each player has moved three times in a chess match, there are 121 million possible routes that the match could follow.
- When you close your eyes for “just another two minutes” after your alarm goes off and waking up 25 years later married with 3 kids and a dog.
- The way young people in Africa address each other, Boss, Chief, CEO, Chairman. You could think unemployment is a myth.
- Does this extra tax I am paying make me look VAT?
- A young boy asked is father, "Dad, do lawyers ever tell the truth?" The father thought for a moment, "Yes son, sometimes a lawyer will do anything to win a case!"
- The downside of dating intelligent women is having to Google what they call you when it ends badly
- I hate when you get hit by a car while walking down the street and texting and no one is in the car and it's parked on the side of the road.
- I'm old enough to remember when emojis were called "hieroglyphics."
Some New year Resolutions to Ponder On.
- Whatever it is you are scared of doing; do it. Make your mistakes next year and forever.
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year, but rather we should have a new soul
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better man.
- How you elect to spend New Year’s Eve will depend on your:
2. Remaining levels of optimism
3. Threshold of pain